Groups are for anyone that that receives services at the Youth Resource Center. We encourage youth to participate in groups which are lead by staff, volunteers or other organizations that have partnered with the youth center.
Groups run about 45 minutes to 1 hour at the Center. For further details on groups, please contact the Homeless Youth Resource Center at 801-364-0744 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Movie Night—Nightly. 8 pm to 10:30 pm.
- Youth Advocate Led Groups—Tuesday through Saturday. Youth Advocates lead hour-long group sessions. Activities include crafts, music, documentaries, painting, drawing, cooking, baking, card games, board games, and more.
- YRC Programming Tabling—Tuesdays. The Program Manager goes over weekly programming schedule with clients every week.
- Resource Day—Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. 10 am to 11 am. Clients access resources such as clothing, hygiene items, sleeping bags, tents, pampers, etc.
- Townhall—Monday. 11 am to Noon. Clients are able to provide feedback to staff.
- Crisis Clinician (Intern)—Monday and Thursday. 10:30 am to 5 pm. Short-term counselling and/or therapy available for clients provided by our crisis clinician intern.
- Shelter Case Management—Weekly office hours are Monday through Thursday, 5 pm to 7 pm. Clients may speak with a case manager about housing options, set up appointments, and receive updates.
- Storage Service—Tuesday and Thursday. 5pm to 6 pm. Staff will transport clients to access a free storage service called "A Place for Your Stuff."
- Computer Lab—Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. 5 pm to 6 pm. Clients may use our computer lab to check email, create a resume, apply for a job (online), apply for benefits, etc.
- Seeking Safety Group—Tuesdays. 2 pm. YESS team provides a safe place for clients to talk about substance use/recovery and how that is connected to one's own traumatic experience. Our YESS team Peer Support Specialist hosts this group once a week through March 2, 2023.
- SNAP LAB—First Tuesday each month.10 am to Noon. Our Diversion Department hosts this clinic where clients receive individualized help signing up for food stamps and other state and local benefits.
- STI Testing—Monday. 5 pm to 7 pm. Appointments must be set up one week in advance. Clients meet with our Health System Navigator to schedule an STI test (off-site).
- Youth in Recovery—Tuesdays. 9:30 am to 10:30 am. Peer support group for clients in recovery or interested in recovery.
- 4th St Mobile Clinic—Once per month (scheduled day varies). 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. Clients can schedule a health checkup from 4th Street Mobile Clinic. Scheduled days depend on service availability and are different each month.
- Utah Pride Center—Every other Tuesday. 12 pm to 1pm. The PRIDE Center shares resources and their programming schedule.
- Writing Group—Thursdays. 11 am to 12 pm. Salt Lake Community College hosts a writing group each Thursday from . Clients get to express themselves through journaling activities and storytelling.
- Legal Clinic—Wednesdays. 6pm to 7 pm during meal service. Clients have the opportunity to meet with an attorney and ask for legal advice. This takes place every Wednesday from 6pm-7pm during meal service.
- Utah Harm Reduction—Thursdays. 1 pm to 3 pm. This organization visits the center once a week to provide clients with harm reduction resources, referrals, and education. Services include a needle exchange program and testing.
- Salt Lake County Recreation Center Day Passes—Clients may request 1 day pass that grants them access to any Salt Lake County Recreation Center. Day passes are given out every Wednesday depending on availability.
- SAPREA Consent for Young Adults—First Wednesday of every month. 11 am to 12 pm. This non-profit organization hosts a group once a month about healthy dating and consent.
- Dentacor—Teeth cleaning and screening for YRC Clients. This will start in January for an undetermined time. This Service is generally offered during the day from 9 am to 5pm depending on volunteer availability
Future 2023 Programming
All dates to be determined.
- Bouldering Project—Clients will have the opportunity to boulder at Boulder Project Climbing Gym. 6 clients and 1 staff will receive climbing orientation and lessons. This will take place once per month starting in January 2023.
- Financial Literacy Group—Guest speakers from Fidelity Financial will host a group once a month to speak on different topics relating to financial literacy.
- Haircuts @ YRC—SLC Company and Group, "A Barber's Journey" is partnering up with the YRC to provide our clients with haircuts every other week for an undetermined time.
- Sorenson Center Boxing Program—The Sorenson Multicultural and Fitness Center's Boxing Program will be made available to clients with a Salt lake County Recreation Center day pass.