Consider organizing your own drive based on current needs! Look at our urgent needs list above and consider what you can collect together with your book club, church group, co-workers, etc.
Urgent Winter Donations Needed
Items can be new or gently used:
- Rain ponchos
- Adult hoodies (all sizes)
- Winter hats (beanies)
- Water-resistant winter gloves
- Winter socks
- Winter boots
- Adult sneakers with decent tread
- Adult thermal underwear (all sizes)
- Adult masculine pants (all sizes)
- Adult leggings
- Handwarmers/toe warmers
- Adult winter coats (all sizes)
- Adult leggings
- Water-resistant tarps
(List updated November 2023)
You have three options to donate essential winter needs to Utahns in need
- Gather your gently used or new items, sign up for a drop-off at one of our three centers (click the link above), head over at your assigned time, and drop off your items with a VOA Utah Community Engagement staff member.
- Purchase items via our pre-populated Amazon Wish Lists and have them sent directly to one of our donation dropoff centers.
- Host a drive of your own. Gather a group of friends or coworkers and host a drive. When you are done, sign up for a drop-off.
Other essential needs
PLAN A DONATION DRIVE!
Donation drives help us fulfill our urgent needs!
Make it specific to a program!
Check our Amazon wishlists or reach out to the Community Engagement Team to find out what our programs might need. Our programs include: Youth Resource Center, Women’s Resource Center, Men’s Detox (at Redwood), and the Center for Women & Children. Our teams also need housing items to set up new housing for clients.
In-kind Donation Disclaimer
We are unable to accept the following: Used underwear, clothing in poor condition (dirty, torn, tattered, or otherwise damaged), large and small appliances, computers, furniture, mattresses, pillows, construction materials, flammable materials, electronics—including televisions or small appliances—or any other material over 75 pounds. We do not need baby items including clothing, toys, furniture (walkers, swings, or play yards), car seats, or other equipment unless specifically requested. Seek other local organizations for such donations!
For the health and safety of our clients, we only accept canned and packaged food in original packaging. All food must be unexpired and in good condition with original food label intact.
Amazon Wish Lists
When you purchase requested items using your Amazon account from our Wish Lists, please select the following address that will show up in your list of addresses: Volunteers of America, Utah - WRC (Donations). Your package will be sent directly to the Women's Resource Center. We continuously update our lists with the most-needed items.
In-kind donations may be eligible for a tax deduction. Please consult your tax specialist for further details. We will provide a receipt of your donation. The Federal Tax ID number for Volunteers of America, Utah is 94-3008720.