Taking it to the Streets
"I lived with my grandfather until 6 months ago when he passed. I had no where to live until the VOA Youth Center was opened"
- Starts at the VOA Youth Resource Center at 888 South 400 West.
- Kickstands up at 10:00 AM. The ride is approximately 110 miles and ends at Addictive Behavior Motor Works at 454 South 500 West.
- Addictive Behavior Motor Works will be hosting a post ride BBQ with a raffle and auction.
- Registration is $15 per rider.
- Preregistration is now closed. Day of registration begins at 8:00 AM.
Last year after the riders headed out on the 110 mile ride, the Salt Lake City Fire Department began the task of taking the flag down from the ladder truck. One of clients of the Youth Resource Center asked if he could assist with the folding of our beautiful flag. The Captain of City Fire welcomed him and explained every step of the folding process. This young 16 year old silently wept as the flag was being folded. When finished he shook the hands of the firefighters and thanked us all for the fundraiser and for allowing him to help.
Travis* said he had received services at the VOA Youth Resource Center and he had a deep love for the American flag. His grandfather had served in the army and taught him why respect for the flag was so important. Travis is working on obtaining his GED and plans on joining the military as soon as he is 18.
*name has been changed