The classic community gathered resources drive! Come up with your own theme or look through our urgent need items for ideas. We suggest you choose a central hub to collect donations, have monetary donation options, spread the word, and ask companies to partner with you! Remember to schedule a drop-off time for your donations when you are ready!
Organize a Donation Drive
Support vulnerable Utahns by collecting essential items!
Donation drives are a great volunteer opportunity for church groups, book clubs, office groups, companies, and more.
Steps to run your own donation drive
- Choose the type of donation drive you'll run. Not sure what type of drive you'd like to do? Choose from these three suggested drives: General Donation Drive, Hygiene Kit, or a Pack Event.
- Contact Cate at email@example.com and notify us of the drive! If you would like a flier design to publicize your donation drive with, please let Cate know. We can create a digital flier specific to you or your organization. Just make sure to email us your name, logo, and other relevant information!
- Reach out to your family, friends, or local community members to begin collecting items.
- Once you have gathered all your donations, sign up for a drop-off time, and then show up during your time slot!
Can WE collect and donate used or worn items?
- While we appreciate the consideration, we cannot accept ALL donations. Items may be gently used. We cannot accept items with considerable wear and tear, such as holes, stains, rips, or faulty zippers that would make the item unwearable.
- All underwear donations must be new and unworn.
Do you accept baby or kid’s items?
Donation Drive Options
Donate and prepare essential items for the most vulnerable Utahns! We will give you a list of essential needs specifically for hygiene kits, your company or group gives us the money to purchase the items, and then we organize an event for you to participate in, like packing the hygiene kits. Please reach out to us if a hygiene kit event sounds like the right fit!
Donate and prepare essential items for the most vulnerable Utahns! We will give you a list of essential needs, your company or group gives us the money to purchase the items, and then we organize an event for you to participate in, like packing backpacks. Please reach out to us if a pack event sounds like the right fit!
Tips for running a successful donation drive
2. Include a jar to collect cash and check donations
Not everyone may be able to donate physical items. Offering an alternative way to donate is a great idea. If people donate via check, please have them make it out to Volunteers of America, Utah. They can also make donations at voaut.org/donate or by purchasing needed items from one of our Amazon wishlists.
3. Partner with your company
Ask the company you work for if they want to run a donation drive with you. Larger companies often look for ways for their employees to give back to the community. Ask if your company offers a matching donation program for financial donations. You might use monetary donations to purchase items to donate, whether at local stores or online, via one of our Amazon wishlists.