In-Kind Donations & Wish List
In-kind Donation Details
In-kind donations are vital in helping us provide basic need items and to build trust with vulnerable individuals in Utah. From canned food to sleeping bags, in-kind donations help Volunteers of America, Utah continue to serve our most vulnerable members of our community.
Volunteers of America, Utah is happy to accept new and gently used, clean and sorted donations in good condition. Please refer to the list below for the most needed items at this time.
Please bring all in-kind donations to the VOA Youth Resource Center, located at 888 South 400 West, SLC, UT 84115, Monday through Saturday, between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. The Youth Resource Center houses the donation drop-off point for all of our programs. You may designate any donation to your program of choice, or leave it to be used where most needed.
Please fill out this form if you are intending on running a charitable drive for donations. This helps us be prepared with staff and volunteers to manage the influx of donations.
In-kind donations may be eligible for a tax deduction - please consult your tax specialist for further details. We will provide a receipt of your donation to be used for this purpose. Volunteers of America, Utah's Federal Tax ID number is 94-3008720.
About Our Wish List
Below is a frequently updated list of our most needed items. This list is constantly changing as our needs change, so please check back here frequently before planning any large donations.
Donations are accepted from 9am-5pm, 7 days a week at our Donation Drop-Off point at the Youth Resource Center, 888 South 400 West, Salt Lake City.
We request that all donations should be new or gently used, clean and sorted in good condition.
If you are interested in running a charitable drive with your friends, family, work group, church, etc., please let us know! This allows us to be prepared for an influx of donations, and have the appropriate staffing to assist you.
- Sleeping Bags
- Men's and Women's underwear
- Feminine Hygiene Products
Gift Card Needs
$5, $10, $15, $20, etc. gift cards to the following:
- Fast and affordable food (where no tipping is required)
- Movie Theatres
- Smith's (for miscellaneous items and prescription co-pays)
- Walmart (for miscellaneous items and prescription co-pays)
- Target (for miscellaneous items and prescription co-pays)
- Trader Joe's
- Visa/American Express pre-paid cards
- Aquarium, sporting events, or other recreational activities
- U-Bike Locks
- Bus Tokens
- UTA Passes
- Bike Repair Kits
- Monthly Bus Passes
New or gently used items
- New Men's & Women's Underwear
- New Women's bras, sports bras, & bralettes
- Athletic Shorts (basketball)
- XXL or Larger Masculine Clothing
- Long and Short-Sleeved T-Shirts - masculine and feminine, all sizes
- Feminine Clothing - all sizes
- Athletic/Walking Shoes
- Men's belts
- Women's belts
- Men's denim pants - all sizes
- Women's denim pants - all sizes
- Men's and women's hoodies - all sizes
- Casual shoes, men's and women's - all sizes
- Natural Hair Products (curling lotion, wave lotion)
- Wave Caps (do-rags)
- Sunscreen (travel size)
- Shampoo (travel size)
- Conditioner (travel size)
- 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner (travel size)
- Shower Caps
- Hair Brushes
- Bobbi Pins
- Wet Wipes
- Nail Clippers
- Nail Care
- Makeup Wipes
- Face Care Items
- New Men & Women’s Underwear
- New women’s bra’s / sports bras / bralettes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Hair Gel
- Wet Wipes
- Diaper Sizes: newborn, and 5 & 6
- Baby Wipes
- Sensitive Formula (not regular)
- Easy-open Snack Items
- No Refrigeration Needed, Ready-to-go Meals
- Rain gear Ponchos/Umbrellas
- Bottled Water
- Yoga Mats
Alternatively, we have set up an Amazon Wish List Registry, you can access that HERE. If you make a purchase from this list, you can check out with your Amazon account as normal, and the items will be shipped directly to us automatically. We will keep this list updated with the most-needed items at any given time.
We are unable to accept the following: used underwear, clothing in poor condition (dirty, torn, tattered, or otherwise damaged), large and small appliances, computers, mattresses, pillows, construction materials, flammable materials, car seats, electronics - including televisions or small appliances, or any other material over 75 pounds. Though we are unable to take these types of donations, there are other local organizations that may be able to.
For the health and safety of our clients we only accept canned and packaged food in original packaging. All food must be in good condition with original food label intact, and not past the expiration date.
To meet health & safety requirements, we cannot accept food from catering events that has been set out for serving. We can accept food that has not been opened or previously served.
- If you have any question, please Contact Jayme Anderson, Director of Volunteer Services
- Phone: 801-364-0744, ext 128